This is the Membership Covenant that has been in our Church Constitution for years. This is what we agree to when we become official church members. We have an “Active Membership” policy and that means if an official church member stops participating they will be removed from membership. They are welcome to return to church and they can ask the church leadership to reinstate their membership. Only active members can vote on church decisions like selling or purchasing property and selecting church leaders.
Having been led by the Holy Spirit to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and to confess Him as Lord, and on confession of this faith having been baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we do now, in the presence of God and this assembly, most solemnly and joyfully covenant with one another as one body in Christ, to lead lives worthy of the Lord and fully pleasing to Him.
By the Holy Spirit’s aid and power:
- We promise to work and pray faithfully for the advancement of this church in Biblical knowledge, wisdom and holiness.
- We promise to regularly attend worship, participate in the ordinances, and abide by the doctrines of this church.
- We promise to walk together in Christian love and continually seek the peace and unity of this church.
- We promise to forsake the ways of sin and to walk in the paths of righteousness. We promise to maintain our relationship with God by faithfully praying and spending time in His Word. We promise to faithfully apply the principles of God’s Word to our lives.
- We promise to be faithful stewards of our time, talents and money according to the measure God has given, so that the work of this local church and its responsibility in fulfilling the Great Commission shall be faithfully and effectively carried out.
- We promise to faithfully teach the Bible to our children as we lead them toward a personal relationship with Christ. We promise to pray for and seek the salvation of family, friends, acquaintances and associates.
- We promise to be trustworthy and just in our communication and transactions. We promise to be exemplary in our behavior, avoiding unkind words and unrighteous anger. We promise to abstain from those things that would defile our bodies which are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- We promise to pray for each other and to help each other in sickness and distress. We promise to be sympathetic in our feelings and speech.
- We promise to give and receive admonition with meekness and affection. We promise to be slow to take offense and always ready for reconciliation, seeking it without delay, as we encourage one another in the blessed hope of our Lord’s return.
- We promise to honor, esteem and love our Pastoral Staff. We promise to pray fervently and regularly for them as they exercise their spiritual office and to demonstrate a tender regard for their reputations.
- We promise that when we move from this place, we shall unite with some local church as soon as possible to carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of the Word of God.