The Third of the Ten Commandments is: “You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.” Exodus 20:7. This commandment is about so much more than “Don’t use God’s name as a curse word.” We have been given an awesome opportunity to have a personal relationship with the God of all creation and to experience His love – why would we want to carelessly disrespect His name? We are given the priviledge to ask for things in prayer using the authority of Jesus name. We are enabled to call on and proclaim God our Father, our Savior and Lord Jesus God in the flesh and God the Holy Spirit. We are warned God will penalize those who misuse His name and encouraged that properly magnifying God’s Holy name brings blessing and favor.
Come to Rockwell Church at 10:15am this Sunday as Pastor Chris shares Scriptures and examples on how you can magnify His Holy name. We will also have communion. A great Sunday to bring a friend.
Our church service also live streams online at https://rockwell.church/live Part three in the “Live the 10” message series.
“Learn to Magnify God’s Holy Name”
“You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. Exodus 20:7
1. Learn not to DISRESPECT His Holy Name
2. Learn to leave His Holy Name out of your SWEARING
3. Learn to not be PRETENTIOUS with His Holy Name
4. Learn that God will PENALIZE you for misusing His Holy Name
5. Learn to properly Use God’s Holy Name to bring FAVOR and BLESSING
6. Learn to CALL upon His Holy Name often
7. Learn to PROCLAIM His Holy Name