We are looking at the life of Joseph in the book of Genesis. A guy who kept his faith in God even when it seemed everything was against him. Today we see how Joseph finally experiences the freedom and success he was dreaming of. It’s one of those ah-hah moments when he can now look back and see how God was using the hard situations (and maybe even testing his faith) to get Joseph ready to fulfill God’s big purpose for his life. Come to Rockwell Church this Sunday to be encouraged to trust in the Lord, and keep being faithful, even when things aren’t going the way you dreamed. It’s also communion Sunday. We meet at 10:15am Sundays at 93 Midway Drive in Virginia, MN. We also have Sunday school for kids and adults at 9:00am
Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:5-6 (NLT)
Find out more about the Secrets to a Happy Life book that you can read along with during this message series at https://rockwell.church/happy-life/
Rockwell Church Oct 2, 2022 Pastor Chris Teien
Trust—Secrets to a Happy Life
Faith in a Successful God: Rest in the providence of God, because your
happiness depends on trusting a God who simply cannot fail.
#1 Trust God to protect His OWN (41:1-13)
#2 Trust God to accomplish His PLANS (41:14-36)
#3 Trust God to keep His WORD (41:37-49)
#4 Trust God to show His GRACE (41:50-52)
#5 Trust God to reveal His GLORY (41:53-57)
QUESTIONS For Reflection and Discussion
1. Have you ever heard the word providence before? What has it brought to mind for you?
2. In what ways would resting in God’s providence contribute to your happiness?
3. What makes it hard to trust the providence of God
4. Which element of providence (preservation, government, concurrence) is most comforting to you? Why?
5. Can you be happy with treasures money can’t buy?
6. What does Jesus teach about consistency in Matthew 6:24?
If you have the Secrets to a Happy Life book
read chapter six: TRUST