We are continuing our series on prayer using the pattern Jesus gave his disciples and us. This time we look at the opportunity to ask the Lord to help us experience victory over temptation and evil, “And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one” in Matthew 6:13. Come to Rockwell Church this Sunday to be encouraged to apply methods that will help you resist temptation and stand strong as you stay inside of God’s boundaries and seek His protection and experience victory. Join us Sunday at 10:15am at 93 Midway Drive in Virginia, MN. No need to dress up – just show up!
Pastor Chris Teien June 19, 2022 rockwell.church
HELP! How can I Overcome Temptation?
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
ACCEPT boundaries that protect us from dangers that abound (Ps 119:7-11)
Pray that God will help you pass His tests and STAND up under temptation (Matt 4:1-11, 1 Cor 10:12-13, James 1:2-3, 13)
Pray that God will DELIVER you from evil schemes and desires (1 Peter 5:8)
Lean on God to RESIST temptation and OBEY His Word (James 4:7, Ps 119:11)
Yearn to make choices that PLEASE God and PROTECT you (Ps 15:2, Eph 6:13, James 1:23-24)
HELP! Holy Effective Life-changing Prayer Series
- 5/15 HELP! Love must Communicate (Matt 6:9a)
- 5/22 HELP! I need my Holy Heavenly Father (Matt 6:9b)
- 5/29 HELP! I need God’s will more than my own (Matt 6:10)
- 6/5 HELP! How can I trust God for daily provisions? (Matt 6:11)
- 6/12 HELP! How can I experience forgiveness? (Matt 6:12,14-15)
- 6/19 HELP! How can I overcome temptation? (Matt 6:13)